Welcome to class 4F
Your class teacher is
Our Teaching Assistant is Shelley Trimmer
and we have extra help from our Learning Support Assistant John Moore.
We have P.E. on
Wednesdays and Thursdays
so please make sure you have
a P.E. kit in school.
We can work at home!
Tasks for our year 4 children.
(You can download and print the information sheets.)
Information about HOMEWORK
The children will be given spellings to learn each Friday. They will then be tested on them the following Friday. Please ensure that they practise them at home with you. These words are expected to be used in their writing to enhance their word understanding and use.
Each week we would like you to bring in one piece of Homework from the list below:
- Draw and colour the Front Cover of your Favourite book ,(don't forget the Title and Author, check where they are positioned on the cover)
- Write a short review of this book ,(include blurb about plot, a clue to what might happen, and the main Characters)
- Research our Class Author - How many interesting facts can you find out about him/her.
- Look carefully at the front and back cover, of a book of your choice (non-fiction/fiction) - list the types of information that can be found .e.g. publisher, barcode...
- Type or write a few sentences in a different language (remember to have the English translation underneath!)
NAME AND CLASS ON EACH PIECE PLEASE .
To be brought into school on
MONDAY MORNINGS ONLY
As well as the topic homework, we do expect the children to read at home with an adult to help advance their word recognition and understanding.
We also ask that times tables are practised with parents. By the end of year 4 we are expecting that the children know all of them, and are able to recall them to solve mathematical equations quickly.
Please remember that TTR can be downloaded as an app on your phones for free and then the children can use their logins on these as well as laptops.